Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 2: Small People


"Sometimes I'll imagine as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Lewis Carroll

It's Day 2 (this weeks' theme: people) of my blogging adventure, and I'm realizing what a task I've taken on. Basically, I'm realizing that in order to stick to the challenge (1 drawing every day for a year), I'm going to end up posting some embarrassingly bad drawings online. But, hey, there's a reason people practice, and it's not to so that they can be perfect while they are practicing, it's so they can achieve perfection (or at least get closer to it) later on, right? 

Moral of the story: if you actually follow this blog, you can expect some absolute doo-doo ahead. 

I've been looking at a lot of drawing blogs lately (I figured if I'm starting one I should probably know what else is out there) and it really astounds me what some people can do with just some graphite or charcoal! Sometimes I find it hard to believe that the drawing is indeed a drawing, and not a legit photograph. It's really amazing. 

My drawing today may not be the greatest thing I've ever done, but I was proud of myself that I didn't just stare at a photograph and draw that. For the face of the kid, I looked at a photo I found online of a screaming child, but I really only used it pretty loosely (I'm working on that goal of being able to draw things that aren't in a printed out picture right next to the paper that I'm drawing on). I'm not sure why I decided to draw what I did...but it has people in it (this week's theme) so that's good. I kind of just wanted to try drawing a child, and this is just how it ended up.

I suppose tomorrow's drawing may be "large people"to be consistant? I'm not sure yet...who knows what tomorrow may hold? 
DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNN

No comments:

Post a Comment