Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 6: Ellen Degeneres


"Procrastination isn't the problem, it's the solution. So procrastinate now, don't put it off."
-Ellen Degeneres

Who doesn't love Ellen? This drawing was a request from my Mom (I'm not sure that there are many bigger Ellen fans out there than my mom and her sisters), but I was planning on drawing her eventually anyways, so that worked out well. I actually tried starting to draw her once and it was just turning out horribly so I stopped. I think the problem is that Ellen always shows a full set of teeth when she smiles, which is a good thing except for the fact that I find them impossible to draw. Impossible. Teeth and ears...yuck! I think they eventually turned out okay, but it's definately something I need to work on.

There were plenty of Ellen quotes to choose from (she is a talk show host afterall), but I think that the quote that I chose is applicable to blogging (there is probably some studying that I could have accomplished while writing this post). It's from her standup routene Here and Now which is just fantastic, from start to end. But, becuase this seems to have become a trend this week, here are some more great Ellen quotes:

  • People always ask me, 'Were you funny as a child?' Well, no, I was an accountant.
  • I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her.
  • Don't you hate when people are late to work. And they always have the worst excuses. "Oh, I'm sorry I'm late, traffic." "Traffic, huh? How do you think I got here; helicoptered in!?"
  • If we don't want to define ourselves by things as superficial as our appearances, we're stuck with the revolting alternative of being judged by our actions, by what we do.
  • Yes, we're lazy. Yet we also can't seem to sit still. So we've started making things like GO-GURT. That's yogurt for people on the go. Let me ask you, was there a big mobility problem with yogurt before? How time-consuming was it, really? "Hello?...Oh, hi, Tom...oh, I've been dying to see that movie...Umm, no...I just opened up some yogurt...Yeah, I'm in for the night...No, not even later-it's the kind with fruit on the bottom. Well, have fun. Thanks anyway."
  • Now we have hands-free phones, so you can focus on the thing you're really supposed to be doing ... chances are, if you need both of your hands to do something, your brain should be in on it too.
  • I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
  • I learned compassion from being discriminated against. Everything bad that's ever happened to me has taught me compassion.
Well, I suppose I should stop procrastinating now, even though Ellen says I shouldn't..

No comments:

Post a Comment