Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 176: Lana Del Rey


"Oh, my God, I feel it in the air
Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snare
Honey I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothing scares me anymore."
-Lana Del Rey, Summertime Sadness

I was very reluctant at first to even listen to Lana Del Rey's music because I thought that she was just a typical pop singer. But with some convincing from a friend I finally listened to some of her music, and have been pleasantly surprised. Prior to that, all I know about her music was that she performed on SNL and got terrible reviews. But I'm actually a fan of her work, as strange as she is (or perhaps that's why I like her). Her musical style actually reminds me a lot of Florence and the Machine, who I obviously love since I just drew Florence a couple days ago. Anyways, I think Lana Del Rey's music is definitely interesting, as is her personality and her look, which is why I wanted to do a portrait of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment