Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 175: Audrey Hepburn


"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
-Audrey Hepburn

I didn't know this before I Wikipedia'd her, but Audrey Hepburn, in addition to being one of the most iconic film actresses ever, was also a great humanitarian and did a lot of work for UNICEF. The only movie of hers that I've ever actually seen is My Fair Lady, but always find quotes by her that catch my attention (my favorite being the one above). Some others include:

"As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others."

"I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish more than I ever hoped."

"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person."

"I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it."

I also was happy to discover while I was looking through quotes by her, that Audrey Hepburn was an introvert (very much like myself). It's always nice to hear that someone as successful and adored as Audrey Hepburn was introverted, seeing as most extroverted people cannot understand introverts.

"I have to be alone very often. I'd be very happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel."

"I'm an introvert... I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, and the sky."

No comments:

Post a Comment