Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 33: Pretentiosity


"A proud man is always looking down on people and things; and, of course, as long as you're looking down, you can't see something that's above you."
-C.S. Lewis

I used charcoal again with this drawing. I realized the other day that lately I've been drawing only women. I think it's probably because it's easier for me since I'm more familiar with the features, angles, shadows, etc of a woman's face than a man's. So I decided to do something different today and draw a man; it was actually pretty difficult. To add to that, I also found it difficult to draw from an angle of looking up at the face slightly rather than looking directly at the face, so the proportions of the face were different than I was used to. But I'm pretty happy with the way this came out regardless.



No comments:

Post a Comment