Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 10: Mother Nature (Take 2)


"People in cities may forget the soil for as long as a hundred years, but Mother Nature's memory is long and she will not let them forget indefinitely."
-Henry Cantwell Wallace

Start over! I was not at all happy with my sketch yesterday, so I decided to do the same thing again today, but this time do it right. This time I used a photo of myself for the face because I really just cannot sketch without looking directly at something at this point. I'm much happier with this sketch...besides the fact that I used my own face for Mother Nature, which seems really egotistical but it's just easiest to take a picture of myself than to search for another model to use. 

Unfortunately, I accidentally dropped my sketching pencil down two stories of a building and when I went down to the floor it fell to I couldn't locate it...maybe it bounced on the eraser end and went flying? I dont know. I'm just glad that nobody was standing beneath it! But moral of the story: I'm going to have to find another pencil to use sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment