Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 68: Bones


"Two plus two equals four. I put sugar in my coffee and it tastes sweet. The sun comes up and the world turns. These things are beautiful to me. There are mysteries I will never understand, but everywhere I look, I see proof that for every effect, there is a corresponding cause...even if I can't see it. I find that reassuring."

'These bones you bring me, I give them a face. I say their names out loud. I return them to their loved ones. You arrest the bad guy. I like that."

-Emily Deschanel as Dr. Brennan on "Bones"

This drawing definitely fits under my theme for this week: admiration. I admire the actress, Emily Deschanel, for creating such an endearing character in Dr. Temperance Brennan, and I admire the character as well for oh so many reasons. She has a fascinating career (I realized that the career is not as glamorous as it is portrayed on television, but it is still a subject that I am interested in, and even similar to the career that I plan on pursuing) and she has a strong, confident attitude and a superior intelligence and work ethic that any person cannot help but be in admiration of. Although I feel that the show has definitely already reached its peak a couple seasons ago and has gone downhill in the latest seasons, I still love Dr. Temperance Brennan. Yes she is fictional, but that does not mean that people cannot aim to be more like her in some ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment